Championing the values of kindness, tolerance, generosity, and solidarity, the platform is barring all holds, inviting users to come together to create and inspire over the Holy Month
• Age old traditions from sharing recipes, catching up on shows and listening to nostalgic music, will all come to life on TikTok this Ramadan
• In Ramadan 2021, videos views grew by 21% on the platform and engagement also increased by 22%
Dubai, UAE – March xx, 2021: As the Holy Month of Ramadan approaches, TikTok is bringing to life a host of exciting content opportunities, thoughtful hashtags, creator opportunities and CSR initiatives to unite the community and make a difference in the lives of users. By digitally bringing to life Ramadan Values on TikTok, users are given the chance to celebrate and embody kindness, tolerance, giving and togetherness as they inspire their friends and families in the online space and beyond.
What’s more, with video views on the platform growing by 21% in 2021 and engagement by 22%, TikTok is firmly positioning itself as the home of Ramadan entertainment for both observers and non-observers.
Hany Kamel, Content Operations Director at TikTok MENA shared, “Ramadan has always been a significant cultural moment within our region and one of great importance to families and friends, as they take time to come together and reflect, over shared values and moments. As a facilitator of one of the largest and most engaged online communities in the region and beyond, we wanted to deliver on this in a way that not only entertains but also educates, empowers, and builds a more digitally responsible generation. We are sure that through embodying Ramadan Values that are cherished across the region, we will see the community come together to inspire creativity and spark joy more than ever before”.
Check out some of the activations launching over the course of the month on the platform:
Hashtags not to miss include #صناع_البهجة , where users can keep their eyes peeled for their favourite creators taking to the streets in search of a fist bump, to reveal a hidden hand-held gift. The Ramadan themed gifts promise to bring a moment of happiness to recipients and users are more than welcome to join in the fun and do the same with those around them.
Users are also called on to celebrate those in their lives that do not get the recognition they deserve through using the ability to ‘Stitch’ videos, highlighting their small acts of kindness in their lives. Everyone can join in to appreciate these everyday heroes by scroll through the tags #StitchKindness and #كتر_خيرك . The face of the effort will be none other than Nelly Karim, a renowned Egyptian actress, model, and ballerina , who will be joined by the likes of Mohammad Sweidan in the UAE and Rand Majali in Saudi Arabia.
Through the Ramadan hub on the platform, creators can come together through traditional Ramadan pastimes including cooking and enjoying meals with loved ones, settling in to watch popular shows and series, or simply sharing stories. Hashtags to keep tabs on include:
• #RamadanTableLive, where users can expect hours of daily LIVE content by experts to inspire some delicious Iftar dishes
• #HealthyRamadanLive bringing people closer to nutritionists and fitness experts who can guide people in staying in tip top shape over the month, through open Q&A’s, exercise sessions and more
• #RamadanStories will see gifted storytellers tell tales of history and personal development over the reflective time
• Not forgetting the ever popular Ramadan Shows, #RamadanReviews will see creators launching into animated discussions with their followers on the latest developments across everyone’s favourite programs, an integral part of the month to all.
TikTok sees safety as a job with no finish line, therefore over the Holy Month, is promoting a mindset of tolerance towards all. Shining a light on the value of tolerance, the platform will be releasing inspirational video content to combat bullying within the digital space, also championed by the widely loved regional creators.
Building on all the exciting activity taking place on the platform over the Holy Month, TikTok will also be working hand in hand with local partners to uplift the effort of community supporting initiatives, creating a difference across the region both on and offline.